Gujarati style instant raw mango pickle
This is Gujarati style Instant Mango Pickle. It is very easy to prepare and is ready within no time. Pickle is spicy and tasty, the use of raw mangoes gives a nice crunchy and sour flavor to the pickle. In india in every region they prepare different types of instant mango pickle like kerala style instant pickle, punjabi style mango pickle etc. My mom makes two types of mango pickle one is sweet named chunda and other is spicy it's a blend of mangoes & gooseberries. These pickles are a little difficult to make and time consuming.
I told mom over the phone that I love her hand made pickles and missing them. That's when she suggested me to try this instant mango pickle. This pickle holds a special place in my heart.
I never made pickles at home as the consumption is very less in our house. I always bought ready made from the stores. But when I learnt this pickle, i stopped buying from stores. When I had a few guests coming I had made this Instant Mango Pickle and they just loved it.
Now every season I make sure that this pickle is made in our house.
Tips for making mango pickle
- It is important to squeeze out the excess water from the mangoes, otherwise the pickle will be a little watery.
- I have used Hathi Achaar Masala, you can use any other brands achaar masala
- If you like the pickle less spicy and less oily, you can decrease it's content according to your likes.
- This pickle can stay good for more than a week in jars stored in refrigerator. But it tastes best when it's freshly made.
So lets proceed step by step for making instant mango pickle
Cut raw mangoes into cubes with skin
Sprinkle some salt and mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes. Doing the above step will leave out some water from mangoes. Squeeze out the extra water from mangoes by pressing it between your palms
Now add some Hathi Achaar Masala
Add cooking oil. If you want the pickle to be less oily and spicy, you can decrease it's content by 1 tablespoon each.
Mix well and our Instant Raw Mango pickle is ready. Store it in a closed jar and use as required. It can stay good for a week in refrigerator. But I always prefer making it fresh as it hardly takes any time and it tastes best that way.
Serve this Instant Mango Pickle with some simple home cooked gujarati food, Yummy!!
Recipe of Instant Mango Pickle
|Gujarati style instant mango pickle|
- 1 big Raw Mango
- 3-4 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 3-4 tablespoon Hathi or any other achaar Masala
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
- Salt to Taste
- Cut raw mangoes into cubes with skin
- Sprinkle some salt and mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes. Doing the above step will leave out some water from mangoes. Squeeze out the extra water from mangoes by pressing it between your palms
- Now add some Hathi Achaar Masala and cooking oil
- Mix well and our Instant Mango Pickle is ready