A delicious and savory small finger food with tasty and decorative topping. It is also a perfect "cooking without fire" dish if you omit the corn
Canapes is a famous dish for parties, get together, snacks. The best thing about canapes are they are easy to make. You can decorate them according to your taste, assemble them and they are ready to be served.They also give a touch of style to your usual food. There two types of canapes made sweet and savory. Today I am going to share with you a recipe of savory canapes made with biscuits
In Biscuit Canapes, biscuit is used as a base and decorated with some spicy & tasty toppings. Biscuit canapes taste best with Monaco biscuit, however you can use any savory biscuits. In my hostel days this used to be one of our favorites. We would either make bhel or biscuit canapes as our evening snack
Biscuit canapes is perfect for your hostel and college days when you don't have cooking appliances. I have added corn in my canapes, but you can skip it if you don't have it.
This is such a simple dish that even your kids can help you make it.
- Add the toppings and sauce spread just before serving, otherwise the biscuits will become soft and break due to water content
- These biscuits will be high in fat and sodium so keep a watch on your intake
- You can even add coriander chutney, some boiled potatoes and make it like papdi chaat
- If you want to make a no cook, no fire version just skip the corn
So lets proceed step by step for making biscuit canapes
For making biscuit canapes you will require nice and good quality salty biscuits.
Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Boil 1 cob corn and grate it. Mix all the 3 ingredients in a bowl
Now add some red chilli powder, salt and chat masala
Also add finely chopped green chilies. Mix together all ingredients and our mixture for biscuit canapes is ready
Now line the biscuits on a plate. Take 1/2 tablespoon of tomato sauce and spread on a biscuit
Now place a tablespoon of mixture we prepared
Sprinkle some sev on top of it
Also sprinkle some grated cheese
Garnish with coriander leaves
Now repeat the above steps and decorate the biscuits until all mixture is used. Biscuit canapes are ready. Serve immediately.
Coming to India found monaco biscuits and made canapes. They were just yummy and perfect with some drinks. Didn't have much time as guests were coming, but still managed to click a picture.
Recipe of Biscuit Canapes
|A delicious and savory small finger food with tasty and decorative topping|
Category: Appetizer, Snack
- 1 pack Salted Biscuit
- 1 cob Corn
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2-3 Green Chilies
- 1/4th tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4th tablespoon Chat Masala
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Boil 1 cob corn and grate it. Mix all the 3 ingredients in a bowl
- Now add some red chilli powder, salt and chat masala
- Also add finely chopped green chilies. Mix together all ingredients and our mixture for biscuit canapes is ready
- Now line the biscuits on a plate. Take 1/2 tablespoon of tomato sauce and spread on a biscuit
- Now place a tablespoon of mixture we prepared
- Sprinkle some sev and grated cheese
- Garnish the canapes with coriander leaves
- Now repeat the above steps and decorate the biscuits until all the mixture is used
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well
- Biscuit canapes are ready. Serve immediately.