Most common milkshake made in Indian household during summers
Relocated a month back from switzerland to India. It feels great to be back at home. After all the unpacking and settling down finally got some time to write a post. In switzerland where I lived chikoos were not available. Missed the chikoo milkshake so much that the first thing came to my mind is to make a yummy milkshake.
Chiku or Chikoo also known as sapota. It is one of the cheapest fruit in india and can be found easily in any fruit vendors shop. Chikoo are very beneficial to hair, skin and stomach.
Chikoo It is one of the fruits you must feed your kids as its high in fibre. You can just eat the fruit as it is or make a smooth milkshake out of it.
I always prefer feeding my kid chikoo with skin by adding pinch of salt. It helps in curing constipation.
Always serve this milkshake chilled and immediately. If your kid is fussy and does not like milkshake you can even add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate shavings. I bet he will lick the glass :)
If you are looking for other summer beverages check
- Black Grapes & Imli Punch
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Variyali Sharbat
- Watermelon Juice
- Cold Coffee with Vanilla Ice cream
So lets proceed step by step for making chikoo milkshake
To prepare milkshake you need some nice and fresh chickoo's.
Wash and peel the skin of the chikoo
Cut them into half and scoop out the black seeds
Cut the chikoo into small pieces and transfer them to the juice jar
Add some sugar. If the chikoos are enough sweet you can skip this step
Now pour some milk
Blend well till the shake is smooth. Add some ice cubes and mix well. Chilled chikoo milkshake is ready.
Recipe of Chikoo Milkshake
|Most common milkshake made in Indian household during summers|
- 4-5 Medium Chikoo(Sapota)
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 2-3 tablespoon Sugar
- 4-5 Ice Cubes
- Wash and peel the skin of the chikoo
- Cut them into half and scoop out the black seeds
- Cut the chikoo into small pieces and transfer them to the juice jar
- Add some sugar. If the chikoos are enough sweet you can skip this step
- Now pour some milk and blend well to make a smooth shake
- Add some ice cubes and mix well
- Chilled Chikoo Milkshake is ready
- The Chikoo's you select for making the shake should not be very ripe or very raw. Otherwise they will leave that taste in your milkshake
- You can make the shake flavorful by adding vanilla essence or some chocolate syrup.
- You can even add some dry fruits to give richness to this simple milkshake
- You can replace regular cow's milk with almond milk or soy milk