Vaghareli Roti is a very tasty and quick snack made with leftover chapatis. Its a very unusual and healthy recipe. Its generally served during breakfast. This is Guajarati style roti chivda but even maharashtrians make this too but in a different style with onions and peanut powder and call it Phodnichi Poli whereas in this recipe we don't use onions or peanut powder. The ingredients required for this dish are also very minimum. And it is served hot with curd. So lets proceed step by step.
Take about 5-6 leftover chapatis.
Finely cut them into small pieces with hand. You can even grind them into mixture. I prefer finely cutting them into pieces by hand.
In a pan heat about 2 spoons of oil and add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
After seeds crackle add water and bring it to boil and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder salt and 2 finely chopped green chillies.
Let the water boil for about 1 minute and then add the finely cut chapati pieces. Mix well and cook for about 2-3 minutes. And at last add lemon juice and stir it and cook till the water is evaporated.
Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
RECIPE OF ROTI CHIVDAVaghareli Roti from leftover chapatis
Alternate Recipe Maharashtrian Style(Dry)
- Finely cut the leftover chapatis by hand.
- Heat 2 table spoon oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves
- After seeds crackle add finely chopped onions, chopped green chillies and salt. Mix well and cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and some groundnut powder.
- Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.